Crock Cooker Cranberry Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1.25-oz. envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 15-oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- Place steak in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine chili sauce, lime juice and taco seasoning mix; pour mixture over the steak, turning it several times to coat thoroughly. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a blender container, combine chopped green onions, cilantro and cranberry sauce; process until smooth; transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- When steak is cooked, discard slow cooker juices and shred meat with 2 forks. Add cranberry sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill warmed tortillas with meat/cranberry sauce mixture; roll up and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar); add a bowl of raw baby carrots to the table. VEGETARIAN: Skip the beef and have crock baked potatoes tonight instead. (Scrub baking potatoes, pierce a fork, wrap in aluminum foil and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 to 10 hours (depending on the age, model, and manufacturer of your slow cooker). Garnish with your favorite baked potato toppings. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure chili sauce, taco seasoning mix, and cranberry sauce are gluten-free. Use gluten-free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 473 Calories; 14g Fat; 27g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 873mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!