Simply Welcoming Fall Roasted Lamb
- 1/4 cup ghee melted (or use olive oil)
- 10 loin lamb chops
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat both sides of lamb chops with melted ghee (or olive oil) then pour remaining ghee (or olive oil) into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Season both sides of lamb chops with salt and pepper and place them in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary, thyme and parsley then drizzle white wine over the top; bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
- Allow lamb chops to sit for at least 5 minutes after removing from the oven, then cut into the thickest part of one of the chops to ensure it’s not too pink.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans, steamed baby carrots and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee (or olive oil), salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 867 Calories; 77g Fat; 39g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 211mg Cholesterol; 1078mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 12 Fat. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!