Java Wired Steak
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso or use instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak trimmed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine instant espresso (or coffee), paprika and salt.
- Rub the mixture into steak and place it in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour red wine vinegar and olive oil on top.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade and bag; grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Transfer grilled steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain (diagonally).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 356 Calories; 23g Fat; 35g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 1065mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!