Grilled Southwestern Chicken
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine taco seasoning mix and oregano. Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning mixture.
- Grill chicken, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwavable bowl, combine barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin; cover and microwave on HIGH for 30 to 60 seconds or until hot.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Sweet Potato Fries instead of Turnip Fries (same directions). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure taco seasoning, barbecue sauce, and chili sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 174 Calories; 5g Fat; 27g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 302mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!