Chicken and Paleo Herb Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded to at least 1/2-inch thickness, 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup ghee or use olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, pepper and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Lightly dust each side of the chicken breast halves with mixture.
- Heat the olive oil and white wine together in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In a food processor, combine ghee (or olive oil), garlic, rosemary, thyme, and remaining salt; pulse until well blended.
- Place mixture on a sheet of wax or parchment paper and roll into the shape of a log.
- Serve a 1/2-inch thick slice of rolled butter (ghee) mixture on the top of each hot piece of chicken (it will melt deliciously while eating!).
SERVING SUGGESTION: A medley of oven-roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, red onion, Brussels sprouts, and beets (slice and drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake on a cookie sheet in a 400-degree oven till tender). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 361 Calories; 19g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 821mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!