Carolina Crock Pork
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the tenderloin on all sides; transfer to a slow cooker; add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 7 hours (depending on the age, model and manufacturer of your slow cooker).
- Shred meat with two forks and serve with slow cooker juices.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on lightly toasted whole wheat burger buns with a good barbecue sauce. If you're from the South or wish you were, put the coleslaw directly on the bun and chow down. Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 256 Calories; 8g Fat; 37g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 407mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!