Barbecue Confetti Meatloaf
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn drained and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients (ground beef through barbecue sauce); blend well with your very clean hands (it's the only way to do meatloaf!).
- Shape beef mixture into a big, blobby “blimp” and place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake for 1 hour* or until cooked through. Cut meatloaf into slices and serve with warmed salsa.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: For less cooking time (same oven temp), use a muffin tin (lightly grease muffin cups and fill them with meatloaf mixture; bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till fork-tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt, and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes-like texture). Add steamed broccoli spears. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure canned corn, barbecue sauce, and salsa are gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread to make soft crumbs. NUTRITION: per serving: 390 Calories; 6g Fat; 16g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 553mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!