Baked Feta Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes diced, Roma
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add next 5 ingredients (oregano through garlic); sauté for 3 minutes.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish lightly coated with olive oil.
- Add wine (or juice/vinegar) to skillet; cook over low heat until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in chopped tomatoes; pour over shrimp mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Spaghetti Squash Noodles (half squash lengthwise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides up. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven until tender (about 30 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape the squash out of its shell in long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands). Add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Angel Hair pasta instead of spaghetti squash. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use chicken breast meat cut to the size of shrimp. Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 280 Calories; 8g Fat; 38g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 275mg Cholesterol; 705mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!