Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 3 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; stir to blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces; return to slow cooker juices and stir to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve chicken and sauce over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 249 Calories; 8g Fat; 30g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 555mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!