Steak Summer Toss
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice divided
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 thick-cut beef rib eye steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, garlic, and tomato paste.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and place them in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade and bag. Grill steaks for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved; transfer steaks to a cutting board and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place diced avocado and halved cherry tomatoes in a large bowl; add remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice steaks into bite-sized cubes and add to avocado/tomato mixture; toss well and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 286 Calories; 25g Fat; 5g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!