Pesto Turkey Patties
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Refrigerate turkey mixture for 2 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare pesto mixture: In a food processor or blender, combine parsley, basil, garlic and olive oil; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, place remaining ingredients; add pesto mixture. Using your very clean hands, thoroughly combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Form ground turkey mixture into patties and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and stir-fried OR grilled zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and red bell peppers. NUTRITION: per serving: 341 Calories; 18g Fat; 43g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 1088mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!