- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a small bowl, blend together first 6 ingredients (brown sugar through
- hot sauce). Lightly sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken strips and brown for 1 minute per side.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender
- or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to
- taste and fluff with a fork).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce and hot sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 208 Calories; 5g Fat; 27g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 906mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!