Southern Summer Tea Chicken
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups steeped black tea
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place cubed chicken in a large slow cooker.
- Stir the honey into the steeped tea then pour mixture over the chicken. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed kale on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 178 Calories; 2g Fat; 30g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1498mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!