Southern Shredded Asian BBQ Pork
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker; give it a good stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is fork-tender.
- Shred pork with 2 forks then stir into slow cooker juices; place a portion of pork mixture in 2 lettuce leaves, roll up and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (finely shredded green and red cabbage, carrots and finely sliced red onion and green bell pepper, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette and a little Dijon mustard). NUTRITION: per serving: 302 Calories; 12g Fat; 37g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 665mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!