Julia Inspired Scallops
- 6 slices black pepper bacon
- 1 pound large scallops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons ghee or use olive oil (optional)
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 4 to 7 minutes per side; remove from pan, but DO NOT REMOVE GREASE.
- Lightly season scallops with salt and pepper and then add them to the bacon drippings in the skillet; sear them for 2 to 3 minutes per side then remove from the pan and set aside.
- If needed, heat some of the ghee (or olive oil) in the skillet then add half of the spinach.
- Reduce skillet heat and cook and toss spinach, adding the remaining half gradually, as spinach wilts and reduces in size. Chop the bacon and toss it with the spinach.
- Serve scallops over a bed of spinach/bacon mixture.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced vine-ripened tomatoes and cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 193 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 447mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!