Champagne Chuggin’ Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry champagne
- Olive oil
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, thyme and orange zest; place in a large zipper-topped plastic bag then pour orange juice and champagne on top.
- Seal bag and turn to combine ingredients; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add marinated chicken (reserving marinade) and cook for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through, basting occasionally with a little marinade during the first half of cooking time, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 206 Calories; 2g Fat; 39g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 1051mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!