Thai Turkey Patties
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 bunch small green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate turkey overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with your very clean hands.
- Place mixture in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove turkey mixture from the bag and form it into 1- to 2-inch patties.
- Grill patties for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a salad of mixed baby greens and sliced strawberries tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!