Sweet Talkin’ Salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 ripe figs chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil, divided
- 4 wild-caught salmon fillets 6-oz.
- Sea salt
- In a food processor, combine balsamic vinegar, figs, and wine; pulse until smooth then set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee (or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon fillets, season lightly with salt and sear for 3 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked salmon flakes easily cut when tested with a fork.
- Remove salmon from skillet, lower skillet heat and add remaining ghee (or olive oil) along with reserved fig mixture.
- Stir well and bring to a slight simmer.
- Serve a little sauce over each salmon fillet.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!