Southwestern Cheese Steak
- 1 pound beef round steak trimmed and cut into 4 serving pieces
- garlic powder to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 4.5-oz. can diced green chilis
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces low fat Colby cheese shredded
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Sprinkle steaks with garlic powder to taste. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, green chilies, onion, cilantro, and salt; blend well and set aside.
- Grill steaks for 5 minutes per side (for medium-rare) or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Sprinkle cheese over steaks and continue to grill for 1 minute or until cheese has melted.
- Transfer steaks to serving plates; top with salsa.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve braised kale on the side (wash, de-rib, roll up and slice into “ribbons”; sauté in a little olive oil then add water, cover and simmer till tender). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use soy cheese (or skip). GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure canned green chilies are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 220 Calories; 6g Fat; 33g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 405mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!