Slow Cooker Bacon and Mushroom Chicken
- 1/3 pound turkey bacon diced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound small white mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions thawed
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cook the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat until crisp.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked bacon to a slow cooker. Pour off all but a light coating of bacon drippings from the skillet; add chicken and brown over medium-high heat; transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add wine (or broth) to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; add to the slow cooker along with mushrooms, pearl onions, garlic, rosemary, and salt.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours. Transfer chicken, bacon, and vegetables to a platter; keep warm. Pour slow cooker juices into a small saucepan.
- In a cup, combine water and cornstarch; stir into the saucepan; bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure turkey bacon and wine (or broth) are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 296 Calories; 7g Fat; 44g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 762mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!