Mexican Chicken Sloppy Joes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilis
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Place all ingredients, except lettuce, in a large slow cooker; give the mixture a good stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, stirring every few hours. When chicken is very tender, shred it with 2 forks and blend with slow cooker juices.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with a portion of the chicken mixture, roll up and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of jicama sticks, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears and radishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!