Leeky Pork Chops
- 4 boneless top loin pork chops 6-oz.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 3 large leeks washed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine or use white grape juice with splash of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Season chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides till golden. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet; add leeks; cook and stir till translucent. Remove from skillet and keep warm with pork chops.
- Add wine (or juice/vinegar) and broth to skillet. With a wire whisk, scrape up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; simmer until reduced by half.
- Return pork chops and leeks to the skillet and turn to coat with sauce; cover skillet and simmer until chops are cooked through about 10 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with a little butter and a dash of ground nutmeg. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in a crock cooker or on the grill to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 281 Calories; 9g Fat; 33g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!