Crock Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 6 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- Optional garnishes:
- Low fat sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a cup, combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and cool slightly; shred with 2 forks then return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve mixture in warmed tortillas; garnish with sour cream, cheese, and lettuce if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Skip dairy garnishes. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten-free. Use gluten-free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 265 Calories; 4g Fat; 23g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 630mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!