Chili-Rubbed Tilapia with Lemon Asparagus
- 3 pounds asparagus spears tough ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-inch of water to a boil; add asparagus; cover and steam for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain thoroughly then transfer to a large plate, spreading out to cool.
- Meanwhile, on a plate, combine chili powder, garlic powder and half of the salt; dredge fish fillets to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fish and cook until just opaque in the center, carefully turning halfway through cooking time (5 to 7 minutes total).
- Divide fish evenly among dinner plates.
- Immediately add lemon juice, remaining salt and asparagus to the skillet; cook and stir until asparagus is coated and heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the asparagus with the fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 176 Calories; 6g Fat; 23g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 180mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!