African Pineapple Peanut Pot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 30 ounces canned crushed pineapple un-drained
- 3 bunches kale roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, sweat the chopped onion for 6 to 8 minutes or until translucent; add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add crushed pineapple. Raise heat to medium and bring mixture to a low boil.
- Stir in chopped kale; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, Tabasco and chopped parsley, stirring until peanut butter is incorporated into the mixture.
- Remove from heat, top with peanuts and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over whole wheat couscous. Add a big spinach salad and some flatbread. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure canned pineapple and Tabasco sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 322 Calories; 11g Fat; 13g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 154mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!