Tomato Basil Omelet
From The Mediterranean Diet for Every Day
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1. Mix eggs, skim milk, salt and pepper until well combined and set aside.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon of EVOO in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 3. Stir in the tomato, shallot, and basil and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until hot.
- 4. Spoon the tomato mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- 5. Heat the remaining teaspoon of eVOO in the same skillet and pour into the egg mixture. Rotate the pan to coat the sides with egg.
- 6. Let the eggs cook for 1 minute; the scrape down the sides of the pan using a spatula, letting the uncooked eggs spread.
- 7. Allow the eggs to cook for 1-2 minutes longer, or until almost set. Spoon the tomato mixture over half of the omelet.
- 8. Fold the empty half of the omelet over the tomato filling and allow the eggs to cook for 1 more minute, or until the eggs are cooked through. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!