Spiced Sweet Potato Pancakes
From Mediterranean Diet for Every day
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups boiled, mashed sweet potato
- 1. Whisk together the eggs, milk and canola oil in mixing bowl.
- 2 In another bowl, stir together the baking mix, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the dry mixture to the wet and whisk together until smooth.
- 3. Fold in sweet potato and set aside.
- 4. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon the batter onto the hot skillet in heaping tablespoons.
- 5. Let the pancake cook until the batter begins to bubble on the surface, 1-2 minutes. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until underside is lightly browned.
- 6. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat until all the batter is used. Serve the pancakes warm with fruit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!