Snow Pea and Pork Fried Rice
- 2 4-oz. boneless top loin pork chops
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chill brown rice. Marinate pork strips for 30 minutes.
- Trim fat from pork chops and cut into 2- x 1/4-inch strips.
- In a shallow bowl, combine pork strips, soy sauce and sherry (or juice/vinegar); cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain pork strips, discarding sherry mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and egg.
- Place a large skillet or wok coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until done; transfer to a plate and cut into small squares.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil to the skillet along with pork strips; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until done; remove from skillet and keep warm. Add another 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil to the skillet along with the onion and snow peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, gingerroot and garlic; stir-fry
- for 1 minute. Remove onion mixture from skillet and keep warm. Add remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the skillet along with the cooked rice; cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Stir in egg mixture, pork strips, onion mixture and salt; stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Sprinkle each serving with chopped green onion.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried bok choy on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and sherry (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 259 Calories; 5g Fat; 14g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 52mg Cholesterol; 228mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!