Mango Pork Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 small head bok choy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound lean pork tenderloin cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 medium mango peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Cut off and discard the root end of the bok choy, leaving stalks with leaves. Now cut enough leaves into 1-inch slices to measure 2 cups and cut enough stalks into 1/2-inch pieces to measure 2 cups. Save remaining bok choy for another use.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat; add pork strips and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink; remove from skillet and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the skillet; stir-fry bok choy stalks for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, gingerroot and bok choy leaves; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add water and crushed red pepper flakes (if desired); cook for 2 minutes or until bok choy is tender-crisp. Stir reserved cornstarch mixture and add it to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add green onions, mango and reserved pork strips; heat through. Stir in sesame oil just before serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried mushrooms and snow peas. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and soy sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 263 Calories; 9g Fat; 29g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 667mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!