Fajita Steak Kabobs
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 pound beef flank steak trimmed of all visible fat and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 12-inch bamboo skewers OR metal
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate kabobs for 2 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (lime juice through ground red pepper).
- Thread steak, bell peppers and onion pieces alternately on skewers. Place kabobs in a shallow dish and pour lime juice mixture on top; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH; lightly coat grill grate with a little olive oil. Place skewers on grill, cover with grill lid and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side, turning occasionally, until they reach desired level of doneness.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of celery and jicama sticks, grape tomatoes and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 200 Calories; 7g Fat; 19g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!