Crock Cooker Cranberry-Apple Turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small stalk celery diced
- 3/4 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing crumbs
- 2 pounds turkey breast cutlets
- Wooden toothpicks
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (butter through stuffing).
- Place about 3 tablespoons of stuffing mixture on each turkey cutlet; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place rolls in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- LEANNE’S NOTE: If cutlets are too thick to roll, arrange them in the slow cooker and top with stuffing mixture. Or pound them flat first.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and baked sweet potatoes (“bake” on the grill or in a crock cooker to keep your kitchen cool). VEGETARIAN: Use low sodium vegetable broth. Replace turkey with non-breaded faux chicken patties cooked separately according to package directions; serve slow cooker stuffing mixture on top. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth, cranberry sauce and poultry seasoning are gluten free. Use gluten free stuffing crumbs or make your own with gluten free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 340 Calories; 4g Fat; 37g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 1141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!