Crock Beef and Pepper Stew
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef round steak trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced medium-thin
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides; salt and pepper to taste.
- Place bell pepper slices and chopped onion in a slow cooker and arrange beef cubes on top. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for about 4 hours.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 4 directions); add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. Use kosher steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 181 Calories; 6g Fat; 27g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 271mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!