Chopped Beet and Arugula Salad
From The Mediterranean Diet for Every Day
- 1 large beet
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 2 bunch fresh arugula
- 2 naval oranges peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat over to 450 F.
- 2. Wrap the beet in foil and place it on a baking sheet. Roast the beet for 45-50 minutes, until tender.
- 3. Remove the beet from the oven and let cool for several minutes. Unwrap the foil and use a paper towel to rub the skin off the beet. Cut the beet into wedges and set aside.
- 4. Fro the dressing, combine the orange juice. EVOO and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in the mustard powder and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Divide the arugula among four plates and top with the sliced beets, chopped oranges and crumbled feta. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!