Chicken Portobello with Rosemary Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup very finely diced onion
- 3 large Portobello mushrooms sliced with stems removed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup dry sherry or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add butter, garlic, onion and mushrooms; cook until tender. Add rosemary and dry sherry (or juice/vinegar) and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in cream, half of the parsley and the black pepper; heat through.
- Serve sauce over chicken and garnish with remaining parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. KOSHER: Use additional oil instead of butter. Use soy creamer instead of cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sherry (or juice/vinegar) is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 262 Calories; 7g Fat; 30g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 111mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!