- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 eggs hard-boiled and sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Hard-boil eggs.
- Steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in a covered saucepan for about 2 minutes; rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process; drain well and set aside.
- In a skillet, combine spices (salt through crushed red pepper flakes); sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned (this will bring out the flavors in the spices).
- In a large bowl, combine spices, sour cream, vinegar and honey; blend well. Add broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mixture and toss well to coat. Add hard-boiled egg slices and toss gently.
- Serve with green onions sprinkled on top.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cheddar cheese quesadillas made with low carb flour tortillas. SERVING SUGGESTION: Use whole wheat flour tortillas for quesadillas. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure cider vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 117 Calories; 4g Fat; 7g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 112mg Cholesterol; 215mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!