- olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat a large skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey, onion and bell pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Add seasonings and stir well.
- Add beans and spinach and cook until just heated through; spoon evenly into bowls and top with chopped cilantro.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add warm buttered corn muffins. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 297 Calories; 10g Fat; 32g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 482mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!