Blueberry Almond Granola
From The Mediterranean Diet for Every Day
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- 2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. Combine the old-fashioned oats, almonds, and walnuts in a large mixing bowl with cinnamon and salt. Toss well.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together the canola oil, honey, brown sugar and almond extract.
- 5. Pour the canola oil mixture over the oat mixture and mix well by hand until the oats are coated. Spread the oat mixture out on the prepared baking sheet.
- 6. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the granola with a spatula and bake 5-10 minutes more, or until just browned.
- 7. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl to cool and toss in the dried blueberries. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!