Balsamic Glazed Fish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 6-oz. white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper fish to taste then add to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork; remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine broth, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Spoon glaze over fish; top with green onions.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 198 Calories; 5g Fat; 32g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 318mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!