Romano Dijon Fish
- 1/2 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 6 fish fillets 6-oz.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and cheese.
- In a pie pan or on a dinner plate, blend the mustard into the melted butter.
- Dip the fish, one fillet at a time, into the butter mixture, coating all sides, then place each piece in the bag of crumbs; seal the bag and gently shake to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the fish fillets and brown for 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (don’t let the pieces touch so they crisp nicely).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and steamed baby red potatoes tossed with butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard is gluten free. Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 236 Calories; 7g Fat; 34g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 292mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!