Plum Nutty Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 plum pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium vine ripened tomatoes chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 3 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- Prepare marinade: In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients (plum through pepper); process until smooth then pour over chicken, seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill chicken for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” on the grill or in a crock cooker to keep your kitchen cool).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!