Pasta with Lime Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 pound whole wheat Spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups snow peas trimmed
- 2 cups sugar snap peas trimmed
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 piece ginger finely grated, 3/4-inch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli florets for 3 minutes; add snow peas and sugar snap peas and steam for 2 minutes more; drain and set aside.
- Toast the peanuts in a dry pan over medium heat until they become fragrant, about 3 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Prepare peanut sauce: In a blender or food processor, puree peanut butter and remaining ingredients (soy sauce through crushed red pepper flakes) until smooth.
- Just before serving, toss the pasta with 1/2 cup of the peanut sauce and arrange in serving bowls; top each with some of the vegetables and drizzle with remaining sauce. Coarsely chop the peanuts and sprinkle them on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and sesame breadsticks on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 389 Calories; 12g Fat; 17g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 486mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!