- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill. In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (ground beef through black pepper); blend well with your very clean hands then shape mixture into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Lightly coat the grill with a little olive oil; grill patties until they reach desired level of doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare mushrooms and onions (but keep an eye on the burgers, or use a timer!): Heat a skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce; cook until mushrooms are hot and cooked through.
- Top burgers with this mixture and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: If desired, serve patties, onions and mushrooms on whole wheat burger buns; add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 171 Calories; 5g Fat; 25g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!