Mediterranean Roast Turkey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/3 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3-pound boneless skinless turkey breast trimmed
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a slow cooker, combine first 10 ingredients (onion through turkey).
- Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining broth and flour until smooth; add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
- Place turkey breast on a cutting board and slice. Serve with sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous tossed with golden raisins and slivered almonds; add steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use a faux turkey roast such as Quorn Turkey Roast and adjust cooking time as needed. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure olives, sun-dried tomatoes, Greek seasoning, and broth are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 330 Calories; 6g Fat; 57g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 456mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!