Cilantro Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree remaining ingredients (except skewers, LOL!); pour mixture over shrimp and toss to coat. Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until opaque.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce and rice vinegar are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 140 Calories; 4g Fat; 23g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!