Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons low fat plain yogurt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hot pepper sauce, 2 1/2 tablespoons of vinegar and the cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken tenders and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center; add to hot sauce mixture and toss to coat well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, black pepper and remaining vinegar; stir in blue cheese.
- To assemble wraps: Lay a warmed tortilla on a work surface or plate and spread with 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese sauce; top with one-sixth of the chicken, lettuce, celery and tomato.
- Drizzle with some of the hot sauce remaining in the bowl and roll the tortilla into a wrap sandwich. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a relish tray of baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, jicama sticks, and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties cut into tenders. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of yogurt and mayo. Skip the cheese GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure hot pepper sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise are gluten-free. Use gluten-free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per serving: 331 Calories; 9g Fat; 32g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 940mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!