Meatloaf a la mom
These mini meatloafs can be served with roasted root veggies (like carrots)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 ounce thyme freshly striped leaves
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1-2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 2 beef stock concentrate or 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp butter
Prep and Meatloaf
- 1) preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2) mince or grate garlic
- 3) grate one shallot into a large bowl. Halve, peel, and mince other shallot.
- 4) strip Thyme leaves from stems. Roughly chop leaves
- 5) Add coconut flour, beef, half the thyme, garlic, and a few dashes of salt to bowl with grated shallot. Gently combine with hands, then shape mixture into four 1-inch-tall loaves.
- 6) Place meatloafs on baking sheet and brush ketchup on top. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until done.
- 1) Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
- 2) add minced shallot, and remaining thyme. cook tossing until softened (3-4 minutes).
- 3) sprinkle arrow root powder into pan, stirring vigorously.
- 4) Whisk in 1 cup chicken stock. Bring to simmer and let bubble until thick and saucy (3-4 minutes)
- 5) season with salt and pepper.
- Slice meatloves crosswise and plate. pour gravy on top.
Hello Fresh recipe in healthy recipes binder
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!