Super easy way to use whatever fresh veggies you have on hand. Cast Iron skillet is perfect!
- 8-10 eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup onion
- 1-2 Cups Zucchini OR asparagus, broccoli, spinach. Use what you have!
- 1 Cup Bacon OR ham, sausage. Leftovers work great!
- 1/4 Cup Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt some butter, ghee or olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Toss your veggies in. Stir occasionally as you cook them until they're tender and brightly colored.
- Add meat if you'd like.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Pour over veggies.
- Let that cook for a few minutes, resisting the urge to stir! (About 3-5 min)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grated cheese if you'd like.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for about 7 minutes, or until it's golden and set. (Give the pan a little shake to see if eggs are set.)
Be creative and try different combinations of meat and veggies each time you make it. Try cheddar cheese the first time, and experiment with feta, goat cheese, and Swiss. Enjoy! My family likes to get creative at the table. Sometimes adding avocado, hot sauce or even salsa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!