Tilapia in Tomato and Artichoke Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes drained
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary crushed
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add wine (or juice/vinegar) and tomatoes; simmer for 10 minutes. Lightly salt and pepper the fish and add to the simmering sauce along with the rosemary.
- Return to a low boil, cover and simmer for 6 or 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Carefully remove fish from skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Add artichoke hearts and parsley to the sauce and heat through. Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans tossed with butter and slivered almonds; add a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter on the side. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar), tomatoes and artichokes are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 326 Calories; 5g Fat; 46g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 373mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!