Shrimp with Garlic Sauce
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 medium head cabbage cut into 2-inch by 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 green onions cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- Place sliced carrot in boiling water; boil for 1 minute; drain and immediately rinse with cold water; drain again and set aside.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over high heat, rotating to coat the sides of the skillet.
- Add shrimp and garlic and stir-fry until shrimp are pink and firm; remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet along with mushrooms and cabbage; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened.
- Return shrimp to the skillet along with the cooked carrot, green onions and chili paste; cook and stir until shrimp are heated through about 30 seconds.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time as needed. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and chili paste are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 178 Calories; 5g Fat; 21g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 213mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!