Pico do Gallo Shredded Chicken
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 medium vine ripened tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large slow cooker, place all ingredients; stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks and blend into slow cooker juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and cucumber spears.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!